Legal Responses to Climate Change
November, 2010. Nicola Durrant. The Federation Press. 368 pages. ISBN: 9781862878082
This book addresses a broad range of topic areas where climate change has impact and systematically analyses the key legal responses to climate change, both at the international level and within Australia at federal, State and local levels. In particular, it critically examines:
- the rights, duties and market mechanisms established under the international climate change regime
- the effect of climate change policies on the implementation of environmental and planning laws
- new regimes for the implementation of renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives
- legal frameworks for the implementation of biological and geological sequestration projects (including forest projects and carbon rights); and
- legal principles for the design of an effective carbon trading scheme for Australia.
Please click here to download.
Keywords: b. International Policy, c. National Policy & Legislation, Other Publications, Australia, carbon rights, forest carbon, forest projects