Events & Announcements
Southeast Asia training-workshop on building institutional & stakeholders capacities on access to genetic resources & fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from their utilization (ABS)
When: Aug 20, 21 & 23, 2012
Where: Bangkok, Thailand
Organized By: ASEAN Center for Biodiversity & others
Objectives of the event are to:
- Provide venue to appreciate and understand about ABS
- Disseminate toolkits/manuals on ABS for review and use by the participants
- Discuss ABS concepts, its role in biodiversity conservation and sustainable livelihoods, and emerging ABS issues, and identify options
- Discuss countries’ experiences related to ABS topics
- Analyze stakeholders, legislative and institutional capacities in developing and implementing national ABS framework
- Present and discuss public awareness strategy
- Identify options, priorities and modalities for the Regional CHM and regional information needs
- Observe and appreciate ABS practice in Thailand
- Provide overview of IUCN’s Explanatory Guide on NP on ABS, and results of CapB-3 and ICNP-2.
Please click here for more information.