Events & Announcements
14th Annual BIOECON Conference: Resource Economics, Biodiversity Conservation and Development
When: Sep 18 - 20, 2012
Where: Kings College Cambridge, UK
Organized By: Dept of Land Economy, University of Cambridge & Dept of Spatial Economics, VU University Amsterdam
The conference takes an interest in the area of resources, development and conservation, including but not limited to: plant genetic resources and food security issues, deforestation and development, fisheries and institutional adaptation, development and conservation, wildlife conservation and park pricing, and international trade and regulation. The conference will have sessions on economic development and biodiversity conservation, and on institutions and institutional change pertaining to the management of living resources.
Papers are specially invited on the themes of:
- Different institutional frameworks for resource conservation (property rights, etc)
- Developing countries and issues of governance and management of natural resources
- Resources management, distribution, equity, conflict, conservation, growth and development, poverty alleviation
- Biological diversity and its global conservation
- Valuation of ecosystem services and their application to biodiversity conservation
- Incorporating natural capital into inclusive wealth accounting
- Foundations for provision of global public goods
- Market creation for biodiversity and PES schemes
- Policy evaluation of biodiversity related policies.
Please click here for more information.