Vision & Mission
Forest Carbon Asia’s Vision
REDD+ and other forest carbon initiatives benefit the climate, biodiversity, indigenous peoples and local communities of Asia.
Serve as a regional research and knowledge management agency working to provide easily accessible, up-to-date, objective and insightful information and analyses on REDD+ and other forest carbon-related policies, players and issues for decision makers, managers and users of forest and land resources across Asia.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic regional Knowledge Management Platform
- Support national REDD+ readiness efforts and capacity building by:
- Raising awareness and understanding about forest carbon-related issues and developments,
- Facilitating the exchange of information, experiences and technology among the relevant people and institutions in the country, and
- Providing recommendations on the development of national REDD+ policies and frameworks
- Conduct targeted reviews, analyses and journalistic reporting to derive lessons, fill knowledge gaps and share the stories from the ground
- Support regional exchange of information, experiences, technologies and lessons learned
- Facilitate links and connections among the different REDD+ and forest carbon actors operating in Asia
- Raise Asian issues and voices in international forest carbon policy making
- Establish and collaborate with a network of individuals and institutions that provide expertise on thematic and country specific information
Our Guiding Principles
Provide a comprehensive, well-organised resource and knowledge hub for forest and climate change mitigation issues across the Asian region.
Serve Asia and brings Asian voices to the global arena.
- Build bridges across science, policy and business to ensure that forest carbon initiatives benefit the climate, biodiversity, indigenous peoples and local communities of Asia.
Work through a network of local and regional experts and partners.
- Provide perceptive and independent analysis and reporting.
Offer fresh up-to-date information, including the latest news, resources and updates on international and national policy developments and activities on the ground.
Report in a neutral and objective manner by presenting the different perspectives and viewpoints.
- Provide credible, high quality, reader-friendly outputs and reporting.
Facilitate networking, information sharing and exchange across the region and beyond.
- Be flexible and adaptive to user feedback and the evolving needs of the region.